- Its required if your are purposefully collecting personal information of your website visitors
- Its required if you are using google analytics or similar services. As these kind of services collect some personal information for analytics purposes, you are required to inform you website visitors accordingly.
Even if you are not collecting any personal information, its still a fair thing to declare that too. This gives your website visitors a sigh of relief and trust.
Importance of Terms and Conditions Page on your WordPress website
Advantages of having a Terms and conditions page on your WordPress website:
- Having a terms and conditions page limits your liability and saves you from any legal dispute. For example if you have a technology blog or website, you may place a disclaimer stating that you wouldn’t be held responsible for any damages occurred for utilizing the information provided on your website. Hence the end user would be the sole responsible for utilizing such data.
- You may place a copyright information such as the content ownership of your website. You can tell your website visitors that the your website assets such as the logo, images and content are yours and is protected under the copyright law.
- Its often a wise decision to have a terms and conditions page if you have an E-Commerce site. You could place a declaration stating about the limitations, guarantee and refund policy. You may also create separate page for refund policy.
WPLegalPages Premium Features: With the pro version you get 25 more policy templates and you will be able to create policy pages for GDPR, CCPA, CalOPPA, Facebook, Amazon, ad networks, Earnings disclaimer, Refund and Return policy and more. Follow this link for more details…
Step 1: Installing & activating WPLegalPages on your WordPress site
Please note: The below steps are free version of this plugin. Click here to subscribe and download the premium version of WPLegalPages…
From the WordPress dashboard go to Plugins and click on Add New as shown in the image below:
Then type WPLegalPages in the search bar
Then click on the Install Now button
Once installed, click on the Activate button
Step 2: Configuring the General Settings for WPLegalPages WordPress plugin
After activating WPLegalPages, click on Legal Pages from the left panel of the WordPress dashboard.
Then scroll down and click on Configure Details
Then fill the general details about your company or service such as the domain name, business name, contact number, address, email address and very importantly your website’s or blog’s niche. These information will be used in creating the policy pages. Once everything is done click on the Save button.
Step 3: Creating the legal policy pages for your WordPress site
So far I hope you must have done with the general settings for WPLegalPages WordPress plugin. Now lets proceed to create policy pages. To do that either scroll down and click on Click Here to Create Legal Pages or click on Create Page on the left panel as illustrated in the image below:
Once you have selected the appropriate template. The content for policy page is generated accordingly. Now you will need to scroll down and click on the publish button. This action creates a WordPress page. Later you might add this page to your WordPress menu. I wish that you create all the 4 pages that are available as a part of free policy templates as they are important for any kind of website.
To add the generated policy pages go to Appearance on your WordPress dashboard, then click on Menus, then check & select the policy pages, then click on Add to Menu button and then finally click on the Save Menu button.
Once all done you may preview your website with the policy pages. It should look similar to the below.
Bonus Feature: Creating and Placing a cookie bar on your website for free
To create and place a cookie bar using WPLegalPages WordPress plugin follow these steps. Go to Legal Pages form the dashboard and click on Cookie Bar as shown below:
Then click on the toggle button to turn on the Cookie Bar
Once all the settings are done click on the Update button